Thursday, October 4, 2018
Tokyo Metro Vol. 27 (Live and Global Disco)
This set was played live at the Global Disco event at Jam House, Akita Japan in July 2018. Keeping with the theme of "disco," yet also being who I am, I took the mix in an electro direction (think more early 80's than 70's!) Everything was performed with an iPad Pro and Novation Launchpad. Specifically, my equipment used was:
1. Korg Gadget was used to program the bass and synth sounds in advance, tediously learning the various parts of the remixed tracks - such as the iconic bassline in Smooth Criminal (see below).
2. Blocs Wave was where all the samples were imported to and arranged.
3. Launchpad iOS was the destination of the samples after Blocs, where they could be mapped to the hardware controller and triggered. In addition to the various samples for the remixes, I loaded three full tracks (my own) to three pads and used them to fill out the set and transition between the live remixes.
1. iPad Pro
2. Novation Launchpad S controller
3. Zoom U-44 mixer/soundcard
1. Productive Price - DJ Chris Hale (unreleased track)
2. I Feel Love - Donna Summer (live remix)
3. Sweet Dreams are made of this (Holly Henry acapella vocals) - Eurythmics (live remix)
4. Extreme Man - DJ Chris Hale (unreleased track)
5. Down Deeper - Fearious Black (live remix)
6. Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson (live remix)
7. Significant Bob - DJ Chris Hale
Check out the video of this set on my YouTube Channel (Just Search: DJ Chris Hale)
Download Tokyo Metro Vol.27 (mp3)
Posted by Chris Hale at 12:13 AM